New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

In IE 7, I was able to open 2 different screens and log into each one with different email addresses and neither one effected the other. Now since I downloaded IE 8, it won't let me do that. In fact now, when I open one window and close it, it still keeps me logged in. Or if I open a second window, I am logged in from the first window. I did not check the box the says to remember password, so I do not know how this happened. I am sure it is IE 8 way of simplifying things, but since this is my work computer, if I walk away thinking the window is closed and someone opens it, I do not want them to have the access to my emails.

I did go into Tools-Internet Options-Content-Auot-Complete-Settings and I have all check boxes unchecked.

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Thank you,

Morriah

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    [quote name='Morriah' post='768872' date='02-Apr-2009 10:46'][/quote]

Are these two email addresses hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com or a combination of these? Do you have Windows Live Sign-in Assistant installed?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Morriah' post='768872' date='02-Apr-2009 10:46']Are these two email addresses hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com or a combination of these? Do you have Windows Live Sign-in Assistant installed?

Joe[/quote]

They are both yahoo emails, or if I am checking my personal, they are sbc.global. I use to be able to do it in IE 7, so maybe I should just go back to that?

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Morriah' post='768931' date='02-Apr-2009 14:12'][/quote]

I'd not go back to IE7.

Do you have two browser instances open or two tabs in the same browser instance?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Morriah' post='768931' date='02-Apr-2009 14:12']I'd not go back to IE7.

Do you have two browser instances open or two tabs in the same browser instance?

Joe[/quote]

I have 2 browser windows open. I was able to open one, login, and then open a second one with the ability to login again. It is really not a big deal as it was more of a convenience in IE 7. Now when I open the second browser window in IE 8, it opens under the first email address I am using.

Morriah

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Morriah' post='769006' date='03-Apr-2009 05:32'][/quote]

See We know IE! : Clicking on the blue e in taskbar does not launch a new process in IE8 for a discussion of a command line switch and a registry entry that should make IE act the way you are expecting.

Joe
    Joe