New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am trying to reinstall WOPR2003 with Microsoft Word 2003 after I encountered some error messages when I tried to use the envelope program from WOPR earlier. At the stage of WOPR2003 installation where Word is started up, I get the following message from Microsoft Visual Basic when the WOPR macro attempts to run:

"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found"

I reinstalled Microsoft Office 2003 and attempted to reinstall WOPR2003 but I get the same error message from Microsoft Visual Basic.

I think the problem is with Microsoft Office 2003 since I can install WOPR2003 onto other computers with Microsoft Office 2003.

If anyone has encountered similar problems and has any suggestions, I would appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks
    [quote name='NickNicholas' post='769005' date='03-Apr-2009 03:32']"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found"[/quote]
    The following might be unfamiliar to you, but hopefully you can more or less following what I am just quickly sketching out here...

Do you know whether WOPR 2003 installs as a global template (.dot) or as a COM Add-in?

A global template generally will be stored in the Word\Startup folder. If you do find it there, right-click it and Open it. If Word objects with the above error, click Debug to open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor) and view the offending line of code. If no particular line of code is selected, try opening Tools > References and see whether any of the checked references are marked as missing or invalid.

COM Add-ins are not easily edited, unfortunately.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='769161' date='03-Apr-2009 22:03']The following might be unfamiliar to you, but hopefully you can more or less following what I am just quickly sketching out here...

Do you know whether WOPR 2003 installs as a global template (.dot) or as a COM Add-in?

A global template generally will be stored in the Word\Startup folder. If you do find it there, right-click it and Open it. If Word objects with the above error, click Debug to open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor) and view the offending line of code. If no particular line of code is selected, try opening Tools > References and see whether any of the checked references are marked as missing or invalid.

COM Add-ins are not easily edited, unfortunately.[/quote]

I think WOPR installs as macros in several dot files as well as dll files and a few com files. Unfortunately, the macros in the dot files are all password protected.

However, I do not think the problem is with WOPR as it sucessfully installs on other computers. There is something different with my installation of MS Office 2003 that I can not change through an uninstall and install process.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Try following the instructions in Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in Word to see if this identifies the source of your problem.