Thread: Windows Patches

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have not installed nor downloaded the windows patch for .net framework. (I currently have net framework 2)I do not recall seeing any info about this patch on your website. Windows Secrets Susan Bradley has advised against implementing it and I would like your input.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HughAsher' post='769093' date='03-Apr-2009 15:06']I have not installed nor downloaded the windows patch for .net framework. (I currently have net framework 2)I do not recall seeing any info about this patch on your website. Windows Secrets Susan Bradley has advised against implementing it and I would like your input.[/quote]
    What OS are you running. I think this post will be better placed in XP or Vista, whatever you're running.

Like most other Loungers, I have installed in XP and Vista ALL the latest patches, including the .NET updates and I'm not having any problems. I'd not hesitate to say you should try it, but of course a good, full backup would be protection insurance! (Footnote: the .NET latest patch did take quite some time to download and install, but it seems to be OK in any applications I've tried that I know use the .NET framework.)