Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I had the unfortunate experience of contracting a virus recently on my Verbatim 1GB Flash Stick. I have since with some frustrations, reformatted the flash only to find that my 1GB capacity is now 425MB. The stick reads as completely clean and formatted, but only half the capacity is available.

Here is my summised explaination:
    The flash was purchased with pre-installed software called V-Safe 100. This application allowed one to "partition" the flash capacity for general use and for private use. I can recall halving the 1GB, 500MB for general and 500MG for private. In order to get access to the private content, I had to double click a shortcut icon that opened V-Safe 100. This prompted for a password and then opened the private partition (which registered at half the 1GB capacity). When closing into the general partition the flash also read as +-500MB again.

So...my conclusion:
    When I formatted the stick, it removed the shortcut and probably the V-Safe 100 program. So now I have half capacity that I cannot access at all!!! I downloaded the V-Safe 100 exe file from Verbatim and placed it on my stick. But when I run it (hoping that it would read the partition and allow unlocking it) it did not!!!

How am I able to get access to my entire capacity??? I am not worried about the content on the stick. I have backups of this on an external drive. I just want my other "locked" half of my trusty little flash stick back. Any suggestions how I can entirely reformat the thing to get all the capacity back?

TX
    Regards,
    Rudi

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Rudi' post='769101' date='03-Apr-2009 14:29'][/quote]

Try using Disk Management to delete one of the partitions. Then extend the other and format the 'new' partition.

Joe
    Joe

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Tx for answer Joe. I need more details though. How do I get to Disk Management and how do I extend the partition. TX
    Regards,
    Rudi

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Rudi' post='769134' date='03-Apr-2009 16:08'][/quote]

Right click My Computer and select Manage. You'll see Disk Management about half way down. Click on a partition to activate it. Then you can right click for a context menu full of options. Once you delete a partition you can then right click on the remaining partition and extend it.

For more information search Help and Support for "using disk management".

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

If you go here http://www.verbatim.com/support/downloads.cfm you can probably download v-safe and try putting it back on the stick.

HTH
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jon,

THANK-YOU...for that link to the support site of Vebatim. I found the V-Safe download that allowed me to access the secured area of my flash. Many cheers...

My original mistake was that I downloaded the old version of the V-Safe 100 file. The link you provided gave access to the Vista version of the software and this worked beautifully. Many TX.

TX also to Joe for you assistance. I found the Disk Management area but did not need it due to the link that Jon gave me.

Many TX WOPR...
    Regards,
    Rudi