3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My fairly new ( 4 months old) Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic 7000 keyboard suddenly started to misbehave- I was working on a document when the backspace and delete keys refused to work, and when I attempted to type text, the "save" screen opened, but not text was typed.
    There was no change in configuration and no potentially interfering devices were turned on.
    Is there an explanation and a solution to this behaviour, or should I look into the warranty situation?
    Many thanks
    Dianne

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does the problem persist after rebooting your PC?

If so, it might well be a hardware problem. If you have a spare keyboard (or can lend one) you can test whether it exhibits the same problem or not.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try checking the batteries. A lot of wireless devices I use act up not usually caused by defective hardware but drain in batteries they rely on which we usually forget when we are troubleshooting.

Thanks
    [quote name='dianne18' post='769151' date='03-Apr-2009 19:42'][/quote]
    Batteries would be my first suspect, even though it's only a few months old, who knows how long the batteries were sitting there?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='769153' date='04-Apr-2009 10:18']Does the problem persist after rebooting your PC?

If so, it might well be a hardware problem. If you have a spare keyboard (or can lend one) you can test whether it exhibits the same problem or not.[/quote]
    Thank you for your pormpt and wise reply!
    Yes, the problem persisted after rebooting. I omitted to mention that the USB "aerial" light was flashing rapidly and there was a high pitched electronic sound (? origin).
    I purchased another (Logitech) wireless keyboard which is behaving perfectly.
    Because I prefer the Microsoft mouse I have taken the plunge and reinserted the MS wireless USB aerial, and the MS mouse is happily working along with the Logitech keyboard, with no interference.
    I suspect that the problem lies with the MS keyboard.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jolas' post='769158' date='04-Apr-2009 12:12']Try checking the batteries. A lot of wireless devices I use act up not usually caused by defective hardware but drain in batteries they rely on which we usually forget when we are troubleshooting.[/quote]
    Thank you- yes, that was my first thought, and fresh batteries in the mouse and keyboard didn't resolve the problem.