Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Excel 2003, I used to be able to change the colour of charts to our company's colours by importing those colours from the a separate Excel spreadsheet (using Tools, Options, Color, Copy colors from....) I've tried to find this in Excel 2007 but without success. Can anybody help please?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='GillHarding' post='769358' date='06-Apr-2009 14:40']In Excel 2003, I used to be able to change the colour of charts to our company's colours by importing those colours from the a separate Excel spreadsheet (using Tools, Options, Color, Copy colors from....) I've tried to find this in Excel 2007 but without success. Can anybody help please?[/quote]
    In Excel 2007, colors are controlled by themes rather than a set of fixed workbook colors. You should try to get someone to set up a corporate theme for Office 2007 and start educating people to use the theme colors. If they do, then changing a book to the corp theme is simple: just change the theme of the workbook. For a workbook that originates from Excel 2003 you will first have to update all charts to use one of the built-in chart formatting templates so you know the chart is using theme colors. Or you'll have to update all chart elements individually so they use theme colors.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your reply. That's pretty much the conclusion I'd come to. I will definitely look into creating a corporate colour theme for Office 2007. In the meantime, I think I can work around the problem for now by setting up some chart templates. Thanks again - your input is much appreciated.