5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have done this before but do not remember how to do it. I have a number (single) field in my table and I want that field to have the value of the option group. I created an option group in a form... at least I think I did. I used the option group tool to make a rectangle then the checkbox tool to make the options. However, it doesn't look like the option group in another form (although the properties seem to be the same) and I can't link it to the field in my table. How do I make the connection between the option group and the relevant field?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Disregard this post - I wanted to delete it but could not determine how to delete a post. I solved it and answered my question.

[quote name='Don_Sadler' post='769408' date='06-Apr-2009 13:00']I have done this before but do not remember how to do it. I have a number (single) field in my table and I want that field to have the value of the option group. I created an option group in a form... at least I think I did. I used the option group tool to make a rectangle then the checkbox tool to make the options. However, it doesn't look like the option group in another form (although the properties seem to be the same) and I can't link it to the field in my table. How do I make the connection between the option group and the relevant field?[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If the number field has field size Single, it can contain decimals, so it's not suitable for an option group.
    You can only use an option group for a Yes/No field or for a whole number field that has a very limited number of values.

In general, to bind an option group to a field in the record source of the form, select the option group in design view and set its Control Source property to the name of the field.
    The option group should contain an option button for each possible value of the field. The Option Value property of the option button corresponds to a value of the field. So if the field can have values 0, 1, 2 and 3, the option group should contain four option buttons, with Option Value 0, 1, 2 and 3, respectively.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Don_Sadler' post='769411' date='06-Apr-2009 22:05']Disregard this post - I wanted to delete it but could not determine how to delete a post. I solved it and answered my question.[/quote]
    You cannot delete an entire topic (thread), only your own replies.