New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

hi, i've reinstalled several tmes the intellitype version 6.3 software with no success on solving my problem. All of a sudden only the mute key when pressed works. The volume keys dont show the typical on screen volume bar and they dont work either. I've tried deleting some entries of the system registry but with no success at all, (ive looke them by the find option findin: intelli deleted some but didnt work maybe i missed some)

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='shakti' post='769426' date='06-Apr-2009 15:48'][/quote]

Welcome to the Lounge!

1.) Which keyboard are you using? If it is wireless have you checked the batteries?
    2.) Did you unistall the old version and re-boot before trying a re-install?
    3.) Did you re-download 6.3?
    4.) Did you add or change other hardware or software around the time this started happening?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    1) im using a MS wireless lasser keyboard and mouse v5000
    2) yeap, is maybe the post annoying part, at every install/ uninstall i've rebooted
    3) that too, but just 2 times, one the past week or so and the one yesterday im vey confused why this is happening
    4) no, no new hardware since i installed the mouse/keyboard but i've used once another keyboard a BenQ one with some multimedia keys on top which dont seem to requiere software because when i use that keyboard's volume keys, they work and even the on screen volume bar shows up. But i dont remember when this problem began.

thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='shakti' post='769431' date='06-Apr-2009 16:03'][/quote]

Have you double checked the batteries?
    Have you double checked to make sure that the keyboard is being correctly identified to the software?
    When you attached the BENQ keyboard did you uninstall the Microsoft keyboard?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    oh, sorry about the batteries, yes, they are fully charged

...maybe that started all the prblems... no, when i attched the benQ (by the way is PS/2) i didnt unistalled the MS keyboard. Is there hopefully something i can do ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='shakti' post='769435' date='06-Apr-2009 16:19'][/quote]

If you did not uninstall the BENQ, right click My Computer, select Manage. When the Management Console is loaded click on Device Manager. Expand the "Keyboards" section if the right pane. Right click the BENQ keyboard and select "Uninstall".

Re-boot after the keyboard is uninstalled.

Joe