5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

When I try to edit a custom view (View > Messages > Customise). the dialogue box hangs when I press OK. Basically I can't edit or make any new views. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks,

Chris (hunt)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='769491' date='06-Apr-2009 23:33']... (View > Messages > Customise) ...[/quote]
    Sorry Chris, I can't figure out where you're looking. Can you guide me, please?

[attachment=83230:2009_04_07_022657.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='769501' date='07-Apr-2009 06:29']Sorry Chris, I can't figure out where you're looking. Can you guide me, please?[/quote]

That's strange. Mine has "Messages" between "Sort by" and "Threads". I wonder if an extension gave me that option?

Chris

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='769551' date='07-Apr-2009 15:41']That's strange. Mine has "Messages" between "Sort by" and "Threads". I wonder if an extension gave me that option?

Chris[/quote]

Looks like it Chris, if I start TB in safe-mode "thunderbird.exe -safe-mode" I don't see that option, but I do if I don't if you see what I mean...

Oh, and I don't have your original problem...
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='769556' date='07-Apr-2009 14:54']Looks like it Chris, if I start TB in safe-mode "thunderbird.exe -safe-mode" I don't see that option, but I do if I don't if you see what I mean...

Oh, and I don't have your original problem...[/quote]

Hi Jon, I just tried safe-mode - I didn't have the option but I figured out it only appears if you first customise the toolbar and add the view drop down menu to the toolbar. If you add this you get the extra item in the regular menu. It seems Thunderbird allows the user to have a different configuration in Safe-mode so the toolbar must be customised separately. Unfortunately I have the same problem in safe-mode with all extensions disabled so something else must be preventing me from customising the view.

Chris

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Cah' post='769557' date='07-Apr-2009 16:06']..but I figured out it only appears if you first customise the toolbar and add the view drop down menu to the toolbar.

Chris[/quote]

So it does, well spotted.

If it helps I'm using version 2.0.0.22pre (20090317) (I haven't updated for a couple of weeks, I'm tied to using Outlook Web Access at work )

Maybe a re-install is in order anyway.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)