Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Here is a odd one & I am not sure how to help out a co-worker. We both have Access 2003 and she is using the same databases I am, just copied to her local machine, so I am the data source for her.

Starting about 2 months ago when she would run a query that has not changed in a long time that would grab the most recent 12 months of activity, she would only get the last 11 months excluding the most recent month. (this even includes one where there are no date paramaters, and it still excludes the most recent month.)

The data is appended monthly into the tables.

We have verified that the databases she copied from my data share to her local machine do have the same data as I have on my PC. We have verified that the links from the front end to the back end databases are pointing to the correct tables, opened those tables from the fromt end to verify that the data is there, verified that the date is correct on her PC, even added the current date (DATE()) to the output of the queries to make sure what Access was seeing.

I am stuck on what could be the issue. We have even gone through where I copy the files from my machine to a data share (only place these are copied to), then had her copy to her local machine, change the table links, verify the data & still the most recent months data will not appear for her while it works just fine for me (even watched through a NetMeeting session).

Any ideas?
    Stealing from one is call plagiarism, stealing from many is called research. ;-)~

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jhimes' post='769758' date='08-Apr-2009 18:53'][/quote]
    Have you tried to rebuild the query or export it from your PC and import into hers ?
    Do you see the data in her tables (without a query) ?
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We have not tried the Export - Import queries method yet as basically we have been just copying the same database from my machine to hers using a network data share as the files are too large to email & we are quite some distance apart.

We can give that a try, thanks for the idea.
    Stealing from one is call plagiarism, stealing from many is called research. ;-)~

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you checked whether the system date settings (in Windows) are the same on your and her PC?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='769771' date='08-Apr-2009 12:22']Have you checked whether the system date settings (in Windows) are the same on your and her PC?[/quote]

That we have verified. I think we may have found a strange corruption where a macro used to re-map linked tables is showing the correct linkage when you hover over the table, shows correctly in the Linked table manager, but for some reason the query seems to be pointing to a archived version of the tables in a different folder. She normally does not re-copy the front end as she adds other tables to her copy. The queries in question have not been changed for at least a year. (may also be some funky issue between librarys between our 2 machines such as when LEFT(), RIGHT() all of a sudden stops working)

When we created a blank DB & then imported everything over, things seem to work ok. Unfortunatly I also use Groups a lot, so all of my Groups will need to be re-created :-(

Strange as the Repair / Compact never corrected this, I am not seeing in on my machine but it shows on her machine.

At this point I think this is a closed issue. Hopefully things will be normal next month!