New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I have hundreds of addresses broken down into individual tables in my Word Document....I was wondering what the easiest way to print these addresses as labels would be. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

If your addresses are in a database-like table, where rows = records and columns = data fields, you could save each table to a separate document and use these documents as data source for a mail merge to labels.
    If the structure of the rows is the same in each table, you could combine the tables into one big table, create a document with only the big table, and use that as data source.

Otherwise, we'd have to know more about the structure of the tables.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Welcome! I am actually a programmer and am exporting data into a word file so a user can print labels, and I actually have it set up to export as hundreds of different tables with each table containing a single address, or I have it exporting as one big table with rows and columns as you described. I was hoping to find a way when the data is exported to Word that the user can somehow use the current information in the current document and print out the mailing labels. Is this possible or does it, no matter what, require an external datasource?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The data source for a mail merge must always be another file than the merge document itself. It can be a Word document, an Excel worksheet, an Access table, a text file, ...

But if you're exporting under program control, couldn't you export to a label document directly?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well the user wanted it exported to Word so they can manipulate entries after the export. I found a way to programtically execute the merge within word but it requires installing word on teh server which is something I am looking to avoid. When you say a label document is that a Word document under a different format?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JLiz2803' post='769788' date='08-Apr-2009 21:38']When you say a label document is that a Word document under a different format?[/quote]
    Yes, a label document is a document with a table whose cells are laid out to correspond to a label sheet. You can create a label document in Word using Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels, and of course also using VBA.