New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

Using this tutorial ([topic="731107"]Word 97-2007 Mailmerge Tutorial: Create Sorted Listings (v1.2) (Word)[/topic]) I have managed to get my data merged into a table. I am VERY new to this merge process. My table looks great, but I want to add a heading to it. I have read in your tutorial where you state placing the text outside the IF fields, the text appears for each new row which is exactly what happened to me. While I understand this, I don't know how or where to go to have my heading only appear at the top of my table when I do the merge. You reference coding and line feeds, but like I said I am very new to all this and do not know how. I would appreciate knowing how to get a company name at the top of my table.

Thank you

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    [quote name='Tideboat68' post='770033' date='11-Apr-2009 06:44']I have managed to get my data merged into a table. ... My table looks great, but I want to add a heading to it. I would appreciate knowing how to get a company name at the top of my table.

Thank you [/quote]
    Hi Tideboat68,

I've just added a new item to the tutorial - "Merge Records By Category to a Table With Heading Rows and/or Insert Additional Text Before the Table" - on page 9. I think that'll show how to achieve what you're after.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]