Thread: Sheetchange

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to run some code after an "AutoFilter" dropdown has been changed; doesn't matter which dropdown.

I have tried using "Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)" and it does not appear that the sheet actually changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jstevens' post='770062' date='10-Apr-2009 19:55']I would like to run some code after an "AutoFilter" dropdown has been changed; doesn't matter which dropdown.

I have tried using "Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)" and it does not appear that the sheet actually changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John[/quote]
    Hi John

I suspect that you have the wrong concept. Changing the value of a cell is an event that triggers the "Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)" procedure. The following code is an example of the procedure at work.

[codebox]Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim isect As Variant
    Set isect = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A:A"))
    If Not isect Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "Column A on sheet " & Sh.Name & " has been changed."
    End If
    End Sub[/codebox]
    Regards
    Don

Thanks
    An autofilter change does not trigger any event in VBA. You can workaround this problem by putting a SUBTOTAL calculation in the worksheet based on the autofilter data. This will be recalculated whenever any of hte autofilter items are changed. This change in formula will trigger a "Worksheet_Calculate" event which you can run the code...

[Note it will be triggered by other calculations as well so can slow down the worksheet if many calculations are done]

Steve