New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using word 2007. I am trying to use headers so my outline shows up properly in the outline view. If i set a list level to a header style, and then try it, it works for the first level, but when i hit return it goes back to the 'normal' style with no numbering. That is, i get this:

Article I. WORDS
    here it appears to leave the list

Again, I want is to have each level to be a header.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Word's built-in heading 1-9 have the style for following paragraph set to normal. You can modify the style to change this to what you want.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

As noted, each Heading style by default has the style for the next paragraph set to Normal. So if you press Enter at the end of a Heading 1 paragraph, you'll create a new Normal paragraph.

However, in Word 2003 and before, this doesn't apply to Outline view. There, pressing Enter at the end of a Heading 1 paragraph will create another Heading 1 paragraph. Doesn't it work that way in Word 2007 any more?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770275' date='13-Apr-2009 09:58']Welcome to the Lounge!

As noted, each Heading style by default has the style for the next paragraph set to Normal. So if you press Enter at the end of a Heading 1 paragraph, you'll create a new Normal paragraph.

However, in Word 2003 and before, this doesn't apply to Outline view. There, pressing Enter at the end of a Heading 1 paragraph will create another Heading 1 paragraph. Doesn't it work that way in Word 2007 any more?[/quote]
    Hi, Hans, yes it does work that way in W2007. I never knew that!
    Pam Caswell