2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Making the painful conversion to Word 2007...

Now I was looking for the Style field, just so I can get back my immediate-visual-display of the name of the current style - (that every half-sane Tech Writer has been using for the past 20 odd years - is this too much to ask for...?).

So since I didn't find it so quick, I went into the customize window, and I got it to appear on the Quick_Access_Tool_Bar. So far so good.

But the Style field is too narrow to see the whole style name. So now I need to make the Style field wider to see the whole style name. How do I do that? Until Word 2003, I would just enable the Customize mode, and then use the mouse to stretch the field.

TIA

- avi

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you will find a better solution with the UbitMenu, which adds a 'Menu' Tab to the Word 2007 Menu Bar. This replicates the Word 2003 interface. You can get details in English and download from here, or download in a variety of languages from here

I find this invaluable, and should solve your problem.

Chris

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='amakeler' post='770172' date='12-Apr-2009 07:13']But the Style field is too narrow to see the whole style name. So now I need to make the Style field wider to see the whole style name. How do I do that? Until Word 2003, I would just enable the Customize mode, and then use the mouse to stretch the field.[/quote]

Unfortunately accrding to Customize the Quick Access Toolbar - Word - Microsoft Office Online and Word 2007 Quick Access Toolbar you can't do that in Word 2007.

Joe
    Joe