New Lounger
    Thanks

Export Report to Text (Acc 97)

When I export a report to a text file it "seems" to add arbitrary line breaks. For example, on the report itself the data looks like this:

Name
    Address
    City
    State
    Country

But in the text file it appears like this:

Name
    Address

City
    State

Country

Does anyone have any ideas why it's doing this? Or more importantly how I can fix it?

TIA!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export Report to Text (Acc 97)

The best I've ever been able to achieve was by creating single, report-wide textboxes for each line and populating them with concatenated values. This includes group headings, report headings, page headers and footers, etc. Use a fixed width font like courier, trim out any unnecessary space, and keep your fingers crossed. You'll have to turn off any cangrow properties and be rigorous in limiting the length of any given line. Even then, you'll probably get some extra lines between records, but that will at least reduce the number of them.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export Report to Text (Acc 97)

Mac, I have wrestled with this for (ever), it seems. Try this... When building the report, place each field overlapping the one above it by 1/2 (or so). This will remove almost all of the random blank lines, and it will not compromise the data output. But be sure to check the text file well....Dave P.