4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a mainform and a subform. The mainform has a textbox input to produce a list of barcodes to select from. Clicking the list brings up the appropriate record in the subform. As well as user input of a barcode number, a barcode reader enters numbers into the textbox. However if the reader is activated again the subform brings up a blank page, its foreign key = 0 and the autonumber field = 0. I think its in the position of adding a new record without the foreign key being there. However I do not want the subform/table to add any further records. I tried setting allow additions but that did not seem to fix it. Any ideas, thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Setting Allow Additions does stop new record additions. My problem is that on the second input from the barcode reader appends its data to that already in the textbox. If I self clean it by looking at the Len value being 1 digit over, then I will have lost the first digit of the new number. I dont want to have a manual clear button as it hinders barcode reader input. Any ideas? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    How are the data entered by the barcode reader processed? Is code involved? If so, you might clear the text box after processing the data.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans. I did exactly what you suggested, cleared the input textbox as soon as the record was selected. Sorry I did not get back regarding 2003 runtime, I had my hard drive go down and had to replace it. I still have to find how to package an MDB to avoid the security warnings that come up when tha database is opened. Installing 2007 runtime was easy. Regards