New Lounger
    Thanks

System tray for Admin vs Power Users

I administer a small network for my office. We just bought some workstations with Windows 2000 Professional. This is my first experience with this OS. I set up the administrators as a our network administrators and users as our network users (it shows them as power users).

We loaded a bunch of software on these new machines, most of which runs fine. However we have a very small program that is a quick launch for an internet site that we use often, which logs in the particular user quicker than by just navigating to it. This software is supposed to have an icon in the system tray that the user can click on. If I log onto their workstation as myself, the software works just fine. If the user logs on the software doesn't show in the system tray. However if I go to system information the program is listed there as a startup program for all users.

I've tested a couple of different things with the startup folders for the different profiles on each machine so I'm comfortable that it is set up the same way I have it set up on our Windows 98 workstations, where it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Clark
    mclark@calcpas.com

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: System tray for Admin vs Power Users

I'm now not conviced it is an issue with Windows 2000, I tried some different things with changing the priviledges of the user, to give them administrator powers and reinstalling. That didn't work either. I'm stuck, but I don't know that it is a problem with the OS.