5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I must be suffering from an overdose of Easter chocolate, because this shoud be theoretically simple.

Field Name in Table: Fee01
    Type: Currency
    Decimal Places: 2
    Default Value: blank
    Data Entered 5 and displayed as: $5.00

Form Info

Control Source: Fee01
    Input Mask: blank
    Format: Currency
    TextBox Name: txtFee01
    Data that is displayed: 5

For reasons best known to itself, it will not display the $ sign or the decimal places.

I would appreciate anyone pointing out the obvious to me.

Thanks in advance for any help with this
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Your post appears to be suffering from an overdose of Bold formatting...

There's no way I could help you without seeing (a stripped down and zipped copy of) your database.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770277' date='13-Apr-2009 10:02']Your post appears to be suffering from an overdose of Bold formatting...

There's no way I could help you without seeing (a stripped down and zipped copy of) your database.[/quote]

Thanks Hans,

With my eyesight, I need all the help I can get. I promise not to be so bold in the future. Will get back to you with your requested info
    Cheers,
    Andy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770277' date='13-Apr-2009 10:02']Your post appears to be suffering from an overdose of Bold formatting...

There's no way I could help you without seeing (a stripped down and zipped copy of) your database.[/quote]

OK, here comes the Zipped File
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you open the query qry_GCO 01 - Membr - 01 - Master and look at the fields Fee01, Fee02 and Fee03, you'll see that they are left-aligned and unformatted, i.e. they are text values. This is a quirk of the DLookup function. You can get around it by changing the definition of Fee01 to

Fee01: CCur(DLookUp("GCO_Fee01","tbl_GCO 11 - Constants"))

and similar for the other two.

BTW, in the future, please compact your database before zipping it - it makes a significant difference in the size of the database and of the zip file. See attached version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770291' date='13-Apr-2009 10:56']If you open the query qry_GCO 01 - Membr - 01 - Master and look at the fields Fee01, Fee02 and Fee03, you'll see that they are left-aligned and unformatted, i.e. they are text values. This is a quirk of the DLookup function. You can get around it by changing the definition of Fee01 to

Fee01: CCur(DLookUp("GCO_Fee01","tbl_GCO 11 - Constants"))

and similar for the other two.

BTW, in the future, please compact your database before zipping it - it makes a significant difference in the size of the database and of the zip file. See attached version.[/quote]
    Gee Hans,

That was so obvious, I have no idea how I missed it.

The good news is that I did compact the "original" database and zipped it, but I'd forgotten about the converting to '97 first. Sorry about that.

And, thank you again for your help and Patience
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Even if you don't convert to Access 97, compacting helps. The zip file that you attached was 844 KB, while the one I attached of virtually the same but compacted database (except for adding CCur three times) was 102 KB - less than 1/8 the size!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770295' date='13-Apr-2009 11:13']Even if you don't convert to Access 97, compacting helps. The zip file that you attached was 844 KB, while the one I attached of virtually the same but compacted database (except for adding CCur three times) was 102 KB - less than 1/8 the size![/quote]

The Original Original database was 4.49 mb after compacting and 844 kb zipped
    The '97 Database was 366 kb after compacting and 97.3 kb zipped

Every little kb counts!

Thanks again,
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry to contradict you, but the Access 2000 format database in the zip file that you attached in this topic (thread) has *not* been compacted. That database is 4600 KB in size. If I compact it, it becomes 692 KB in size.

(I don't doubt that converting it to Access 97 format will reduce the size even further)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770300' date='13-Apr-2009 11:30']Sorry to contradict you, but the Access 2000 format database in the zip file that you attached in this topic (thread) has *not* been compacted. That database is 4600 KB in size. If I compact it, it becomes 692 KB in size.

(I don't doubt that converting it to Access 97 format will reduce the size even further)[/quote]

Hi Hans,

Totally weird. I went back to my pre-97 4.49 mb special. Did the Compact & Repair routine with no change in size. I did both while viewing the form and again when in Design mode with still no change. I guess my "Compacter" isn't working correctly.

And, on a totally different note, even though I've clicked the "receive email" notification button, I'm not getting the notifications. I guess I'm just on a downhill roll!
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have Access 2003 SP3, you need to install the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 to make Compact and Repair work. It was broken in the original release of SP3.

I'm not aware of any problems with our e-mail server at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for other complaints.