2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I right click on a file to delete it, I get a message that the file program, word processor, or even windows Explorer must close. I am then given the usual menu to send to Windows. I have to start the program again that has exited. This happened not too long ago and then quit. I never knew what I did to stop it. Any ideas about how to get it to stop again??

Ray

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='white_collar' post='770503' date='14-Apr-2009 14:05']When I right click on a file to delete it, I get a message that the file program, word processor, or even windows Explorer must close. I am then given the usual menu to send to Windows. I have to start the program again that has exited. This happened not too long ago and then quit. I never knew what I did to stop it. Any ideas about how to get it to stop again??

Ray[/quote]

Typically, you can not delete the file if it is inuse by another program. Are you getting a message the file is in use?

Do you close the program or does the program crash?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='770516' date='14-Apr-2009 15:06']Typically, you can not delete the file if it is inuse by another program. Are you getting a message the file is in use?

Do you close the program or does the program crash?

Joe[/quote]

Joe:

The problem when I receive such, there is no program using the file. I've even gone into the F8 style of XP (Sorry, can't remember what it is called) and I still can't delete the file or the sub-directory.

I continue to have another problem where if I right click on a file, the file manager program exits, whether it is MS Explorer, Xplorer2 or ExplorerPlus.

Ray

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='white_collar' post='770922' date='16-Apr-2009 15:40']I continue to have another problem where if I right click on a file, the file manager program exits, whether it is MS Explorer, Xplorer2 or ExplorerPlus.[/quote]

This seems as though it is a shell extension problem. You can try using a tool such as ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows to disable the context menu handlers one at a time to see which is causing the problem.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='770927' date='16-Apr-2009 15:49']This seems as though it is a shell extension problem. You can try using a tool such as ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows to disable the context menu handlers one at a time to see which is causing the problem.

Joe[/quote]

Joe:

Thanks, I got everything working again through the Shell Extension Manager.

Ray

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='white_collar' post='771665' date='21-Apr-2009 21:14']Thanks, I got everything working again through the Shell Extension Manager.[/quote]

Great!!! Glad you figured it out. Did you have a bad shell extension?

Joe
    Joe