Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Client has a financial model (Excel 2003 file) containing approx. 40 worksheets. There is a custom command bar, "Viewing Mode", which client uses with this model. Parts of the VBA code in the model use the command bar, primarily for navigation within the file that contains the model.

(I don't want to attach the file to this msg, since it belongs to the client, not myself.)

I designed a custom command button to go on that command bar. It works great. I tested it well. Then, today, I set up a demonstration for the client manager and the lead financial analyst, on the client manager's PC. (The model's file is on the client's LAN.) The new command button didn't appear, and it didn't work.

DISCOVERY: After the failed demo, I found that the command bar is only saved on the container application, i.e. in the copy of MS Excel on the PC that I have been assigned! It isn't in the file containing the model, where it needs to be. In fact, when I open an unrelated Excel file on my PC, then click View | Toolbars, there is the "Viewing Mode" command bar, along with all the usual suspects. Therefore, I conclude that it must be only inside my PC. Somewhere. I cannot find any book.xlt or sheet.xlt template where it might be saved...

HELP REQUESTED:
    (1) Where are the "Viewing Mode" command bar and its command buttons being saved and stored?
    (2) Please explain how I can save my PC's instance of the "Viewing Mode" command bar, with my new command button, to the Excel file, the model.
    TIA.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Check out this article on toolbars:
    www.jkp-ads.com/articles/distributemacro04.asp
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jan Karel:
    Great article! Most informative, and I was able to get my project working.
    Thanks a lot.
    jes