Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, is there any way one can protect properties of a document like the original author and the date it was created.

Thanks
    [quote name='svokozela' post='770583' date='15-Apr-2009 02:32']Hi, is there any way one can protect properties of a document like the original author and the date it was created. [/quote]
    If you mean the information in Document Properties, I don't think so. In recent versions of Word (at least 2003 and 2007), the user can check a box to clear personal data (such as author) from the document when it is saved, and Save As should always generate a new creation date.

There probably are solutions for inserting tracking information into the underlying binary structure of Word 97-2003 document; I haven't researched that, or how that data might be affected by conversions to RTF or Office 2007 XML formats.

Sometimes custom style and attached template names serve as a marker of source. However, someone who wanted to clean those out certainly could do so.

Depending on your requirements, there are tools for locking down documents fairly securely (e.g., the Meta-sealant in iScrub).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

[quote name='jscher2000' post='770675' date='15-Apr-2009 19:37']If you mean the information in Document Properties, I don't think so. In recent versions of Word (at least 2003 and 2007), the user can check a box to clear personal data (such as author) from the document when it is saved, and Save As should always generate a new creation date.

There probably are solutions for inserting tracking information into the underlying binary structure of Word 97-2003 document; I haven't researched that, or how that data might be affected by conversions to RTF or Office 2007 XML formats.

Sometimes custom style and attached template names serve as a marker of source. However, someone who wanted to clean those out certainly could do so.

Depending on your requirements, there are tools for locking down documents fairly securely (e.g., the Meta-sealant in iScrub).[/quote]

Thank you so much, I've just google Meta-sealant and it might do what we are looking for.