New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a report and have added a text box called Prepared By and I want people to type in their name. In the control source of the text box I put in =[Enter Your Name]. When you open the report it asks you to enter your name but on the report I get #Error. I know it's been a while since I worked in Access so what am I missing. The date text box I added worked with no problems and I even tweeked the format.

Any suggestion would be appriciated, Lynne

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='lynne_d' post='770612' date='15-Apr-2009 16:04']When you open the report it asks you to enter your name but on the report I get #Error[/quote]
    I can't reproduce the error.
    Have you try to delete the control and create a new one ?
    If you want, you can attach a stripped, compressed and zipped version of your DB so we can see it
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Francois' post='770634' date='15-Apr-2009 16:17']I can't reproduce the error.
    Have you try to delete the control and create a new one ?
    If you want, you can attach a stripped, compressed and zipped version of your DB so we can see it[/quote]

Hi,

I upload the DB. Yes, I have deleted and created new with no luck. This is normally something simple to do.
    Thanks for taking a look at it, Lynne
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='lynne_d' post='770612' date='15-Apr-2009 16:04']Any suggestion would be appriciated, Lynne[/quote]
    In the PreparedBy textbox remove the =[Enter your Name] and let it unbound.
    In the On Load Event of the report, enter :
    Me.PreparedBy = InputBox("Enter your name")

That's a solution, but I don't understand why it don't work your way.
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Francois' post='770641' date='15-Apr-2009 17:05']In the PreparedBy textbox remove the =[Enter your Name] and let it unbound.
    In the On Load Event of the report, enter :
    Me.PreparedBy = InputBox("Enter your name")

That's a solution, but I don't understand why it don't work your way.[/quote]

Thanks, it's working.

Have a great day, Lynne

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The original report displays #Error because there are no data to display. If the Point-Info table contains records, the PreparedBy text box will display the name correctly.

BTW in the future, please compact your database before zipping and posting it - compacting reduced the size from 25464 KB to 2960 KB, and the size of the zip file from 1229 KB to 139 KB!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770806' date='16-Apr-2009 15:00']The original report displays #Error because there are no data to display. If the Point-Info table contains records, the PreparedBy text box will display the name correctly.

BTW in the future, please compact your database before zipping and posting it - compacting reduced the size from 25464 KB to 2960 KB, and the size of the zip file from 1229 KB to 139 KB![/quote]

Thanks, I should have known better on the empty DB and I compacted it once and it grows fast (next time I will make sure to compact).