New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am studying for MOS certification and I am stuck on organisational charts

I can insert them edit them and change the line colors and arrows but only when using the default style

When I apply a style from the autoformat style gallery it works ok but when i select all the connector lines and try to change the color by opening the autoformat shape box all the options for colors and lines tab are greyed out and cannot be selected

Can anyone help. The MOS study guide is telling me to change the color after applying the style but I just cannot do it

im sure its something simple but I just can work it out

Any help appreciated

wambaugh

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It behaves exactly the same for me, using Word 2003 SP3 I am only able to change the line color if I use the default format, as soon as I select a different Autoformat then it will no longer let me change the line color.

Strange.

Thanks
    [quote name='WAMBAUGH' post='770646' date='15-Apr-2009 17:34']I am studying for MOS certification and I am stuck on organisational charts

I can insert them edit them and change the line colors and arrows but only when using the default style

When I apply a style from the autoformat style gallery it works ok but when i select all the connector lines and try to change the color by opening the autoformat shape box all the options for colors and lines tab are greyed out and cannot be selected

Can anyone help. The MOS study guide is telling me to change the color after applying the style but I just cannot do it

im sure its something simple but I just can work it out

Any help appreciated

wambaugh[/quote]
    I've just tried this and I get the same result as you do, and I wonder whether it is in fact designed to work that way, despite what the study guide may say. Maybe the point of the autoformat gallery is that you get what they offer you and can't change the colours?

MS says at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...834681033.aspx

Format the entire organization with preset styles; or, format pieces of it like you format shapes— add color and text, change line weight and style, and add fills, textures, and backgrounds.
    This makes it sound as though the preset styles are an alternative to tweaking colours and things yourself.

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks
    posted on another forum and got the answer thought you would like to know

When you use the AutoFormat selection, you turn on an option that stops you from editing the shape again [UNLESS of course, you know how to turn it off ;-)]

Once you have selected the AutoFormat Style, you need to select the chart again by right-clicking and untick the 'Use AutoFormat' option - you won't lose the style that you have set, but you will unlock the current chart for editing!

Thanks for you help guys

wambaugh

Thanks
    [quote name='WAMBAUGH' post='770719' date='15-Apr-2009 23:25']posted on another forum and got the answer thought you would like to know

When you use the AutoFormat selection, you turn on an option that stops you from editing the shape again [UNLESS of course, you know how to turn it off ;-)]

Once you have selected the AutoFormat Style, you need to select the chart again by right-clicking and untick the 'Use AutoFormat' option - you won't lose the style that you have set, but you will unlock the current chart for editing!

Thanks for you help guys

wambaugh[/quote]
    I'm glad you sorted it out, and I'm pleased to have learned something new.

Ian