Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have a form that displays query info based on customer criteria entered with "like" entry each time query is run.
    When I publish the form as an access page and run it, it fails to find data entered in query. It does ask for a "value" but entering the same query criteria does not produce any records.

If I hard code the query criteria (example "Yuma"), the page will find all the records with Yuma as a customer

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This issue seems to be a common one that developers encounter when trying to use Data Access Pages. The only solution I was able to find is in this MSDN article and it involves lots of VBA and VB Script.

I personally avoid DAP and use ASP.net where everything is server-side because of the difficulties in creating and using DAPs. In addition, it appears that support for DAP is pretty limited in the latest version of Access. DAPs are based on dynamic HTML and really only seem to work in Internet Explorer, and they have a rather cookie cutter appearance. So if you are looking to implement a permanent solution, I would suggest looking at other technology to implement it.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have a good reference resource for creating this in ASP? As I have not done this before, I work best with a stepped process. Output is a single page with about 20 fields. It is for a reference, read-only page.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='pillarcas' post='770844' date='16-Apr-2009 09:25']Do you have a good reference resource for creating this in ASP? As I have not done this before, I work best with a stepped process. Output is a single page with about 20 fields. It is for a reference, read-only page.[/quote]
    Unfortunately, I have no power in my office / home as we received over 40 inches of snow in the lasta 3 days - some 30,000 homes without power earlier - so I don't have access to my usual resources. Check out the FrontPage, .NET, and Web Design, Coding and Scripting forums on the Lounge. Web hosting is a complex subject, dependent on the server you are using, the software environment on the server, and how much else you need to do in addition to the dynamic page. You will find a huge amount of info on ASP.NET on the Microsoft website, but it is definitely not a step by step instruction. You might check to see if there is a "Dummies" or equivalent book available.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pillarcas' post='770844' date='16-Apr-2009 11:25']Do you have a good reference resource for creating this in ASP? As I have not done this before, I work best with a stepped process. Output is a single page with about 20 fields. It is for a reference, read-only page.[/quote]

Check out ASP Maker http://www.hkvstore.com/aspmaker/download.asp

If your page is not really complicated this is a pretty user-friendly product and not very expensive.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='PeterN' post='771466' date='21-Apr-2009 09:23']Check out ASP Maker http://www.hkvstore.com/aspmaker/download.asp

If your page is not really complicated this is a pretty user-friendly product and not very expensive.[/quote]
    Would you use this for complicated forms (pages), or is there something else you would use?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='patt' post='771487' date='20-Apr-2009 20:45']Would you use this for complicated forms (pages), or is there something else you would use?[/quote]

H Pat:

It is a very sophisticated tool, the more complicated the form, particularly for what I was trying to do which was to have member login and adjustment of their own personal data, the more complicated the pages will be. At the time (a few years ago), I gave up mainly because I didn't have the time to spend learning fussy details of ASP. That said, I was impressed with the product and for a relatively straightforward project, particularly with read-only pages, I think it would be pretty easy to deal with. I got hung up on some fairly complicated relationships between tables as well as replication issues. It is also at least two versions more sophisticated now than when I was using it.