4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On frmPerfectAttendance of the attached database, there is command button called "Preview Perfect In Range."

Why do I have to press the command button twice to get records to show? The second time I press it, the appropriate records display.

The same thing happens with the command button "Perfect In Range" which is supposed to populate the lower subform.

An example where there has to be one record is Start Date of 10/1/07 and End Date of 9/30/08.

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='THWatson' post='770775' date='16-Apr-2009 13:59']Why do I have to press the command button twice to get records to show? The second time I press it, the appropriate records display.[/quote]
    Buttons work normal for me, as well in Access 2003 as in Access 2007.
    Francois

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Francois' post='770777' date='16-Apr-2009 12:20']Buttons work normal for me, as well in Access 2003 as in Access 2007.[/quote]
    Francois
    Well, that's interesting, and leaves me curious. I am using Access 2003, but the file mode is Access 2000, the default.

I have code behind those buttons so that if less than a complete month is selected in the End Date text box the value reverts to the last day of the previous month...but that shouldn't cause a problem with the display of records.

Hmmmmm??

Thanks for taking a look, Francois.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The report opens the first time for me in Access 2002.

The "Perfect in Range" button displays a message that there are no records, but then the End Date is reset to today's date, so next time I press the button, Access uses a different date range!

BTW I find the way the Start Date and End Date text boxes are handled EXTREMELY user-unfriendly. I absolutely HATE being forced to use a calendar requiring 37 clicks to select a date or abstruse keyboard commands instead of simply typing the date. I would refuse to use this form.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770830' date='16-Apr-2009 14:50']The report opens the first time for me in Access 2002.

The "Perfect in Range" button displays a message that there are no records, but then the End Date is reset to today's date, so next time I press the button, Access uses a different date range!

BTW I find the way the Start Date and End Date text boxes are handled EXTREMELY user-unfriendly. I absolutely HATE being forced to use a calendar requiring 37 clicks to select a date or abstruse keyboard commands instead of simply typing the date. I would refuse to use this form.[/quote]
    Hans
    Thanks for the calendar critique.

Tom