New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm so frustrated with Word's Insert>Watermark. No one at my workplace has been able to figure this out, so I'd love some guidance!

When we insert the watermark DRAFT (either as a canned option that MS Word delivers, or a custom watermark), it doesn't show up, often. Sometimes it looks like it's layered behind screenshots so some letters don't show up (the letters that are in the same position as the screenshot), and sometimes it doesn't seem layered under anything.

I would love your advice!
    Thanks, Deepali
    __

Oh darn, I was hoping to mark the enable email notifications box, but accidentally didn't. When I went back in to edit the post, that option didn't even appear anymore.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The watermark is attached to the document header. If you put any graphics in the main document then these will be in front of the watermark.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So in other words, everyone has this problem and it can't be fixed? Bummer!

Oh, and how to explain when there are no graphics around it- a letter just won't show up!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='potdar' post='770795' date='16-Apr-2009 14:39']Oh darn, I was hoping to mark the enable email notifications box, but accidentally didn't. When I went back in to edit the post, that option didn't even appear anymore.[/quote]
    Click on the Options button at the top right and choose "Track this topic"

[attachment=83353:Track_this_topic.GIF]
    Attached Images Attached Images

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you are using Word's watermark feature, clear the check box before semitransparent. In W2007, go to page layout ribbon > page background group > watermark > custom watermark, which takes you to the printed watermark dialog. Sorry, I don't have access to W2003 today.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='PamCaswell' post='771012' date='17-Apr-2009 08:43']If you are using Word's watermark feature, clear the check box before semitransparent. In W2007, go to page layout ribbon > page background group > watermark > custom watermark, which takes you to the printed watermark dialog. Sorry, I don't have access to W2003 today.

Pam[/quote]

Thank you anyway- I tried that but it didn't work.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    [quote name='potdar' post='771014' date='17-Apr-2009 09:13']Thank you anyway- I tried that but it didn't work.[/quote]
    I knew there was something I was forgetting to mention about this problem. I have read that it is related to the printer driver. This proved to be true about a year ago when, while working at a client site, I couldn't get the watermark to work until I switched printers. Can you try switching printers?
    Pam Caswell