Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One user on our network is experiencing printing problems from Word. I am attaching an example.

The document appears fine on the screen and in print preview, but when she sends it to print the image changes so it looks as though some paragraphs of text have printed in one character space. (The document now appears this way on the screen and also prints this way.)

The problem is not isolated to printing to one particular printer. We have tested using many different printers with a variety of this user's documents, with the same result.

Any suggestions as to have to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Er, I don't see an attachment?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='770899' date='16-Apr-2009 19:51']Er, I don't see an attachment?[/quote]

I'll try again. [attachment=83357:Erica_He..._5MGCVBY.pdf]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    [quote name='EHetherington' post='770903' date='16-Apr-2009 13:01']I'll try again. [attachment=83357:Erica_He..._5MGCVBY.pdf][/quote]
    Does it affect only one or two fonts? Perhaps those fonts have become corrupted, or are being substituted with something corrupted?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In addition to Jefferson's reply: you might check whether the user has sufficient permission to read all fonts used in the document.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='770909' date='16-Apr-2009 20:08']Does it affect only one or two fonts? Perhaps those fonts have become corrupted, or are being substituted with something corrupted?[/quote]

We use Times New Roman for all documents we prepare in Word. The weird printing doesn't occur on every Word document she prints, only some. (I just logged on to the affected workstation to try to print the "bad" documents in another font, but the documents are printing correctly now. I will wait until the problem recurs and try to test. )

Thanks for helping!