5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Several years ago, I think the laptops I bought didnít come with shiny, reflective screens. Then they all started coming out with these screens. I they were considered an improvement over the old screens because they were brighter, but I consider them to be a downgrade because they are so reflective. I can see myself and all of the distracting lights behind me being reflecting in the glare.

So I went to look for an anti-glare film for laptops, and couldnít find one at superstores like Best Buy. I then tried Amazon, but they are getting poor or mediocre ratings of 2 or 3 stars (see http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-55714-Cli...8513&sr=8-2 and this $40 product that supposedly offers NO anti-glare http://www.amazon.com/Green-Onions-RT-SPF1...513&sr=8-1). Has anyone purchased a similar product that s/he can recommend?

Regards,

JMT
    BTW, how do I program it so that the link doesn't show but rather only "this link" shows up scuh that clicking "this link" will take the viewr to that link?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='jmt356' post='771035' date='17-Apr-2009 10:40']BTW, how do I program it so that the link doesn't show but rather only "this link" shows up scuh that clicking "this link" will take the viewr to that link?[/quote]

Does the thread starting with Post 761721 answer your question?

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    If you can see your reflection in the screen you can see whether or not anyone is behind you reading what is on your screen, and if your screen has a narrow display angle someone who is trying to read it must be behind you. Iomega used to sell a convex rear-view mirror that fits on top of your laptop's screen, allowing you to see what was going on back there. Now burn this message and forget you ever read it.

Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='771035' date='17-Apr-2009 08:40']... I consider them to be a downgrade because they are so reflective. I can see myself and all of the distracting lights behind me being reflecting in the glare.[/quote]
    Yes -- airport gate waiting areas are the worst!

I, too, looked at reviews for films and was disappointed by the reviews. Since then, I've realized that many negative reviews are the result of user error, so I try to see whether the reviews really would apply to me. But I still haven't bought any anti-glare film.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In case anyone is interested, I found these two products by Staples and I imagine they will be of relatively good quality:

3M 14.1" Widescreen Notebook Privacy Filter for $69.99 (ranked with 4 stars); and

3Mô 14.1" Notebook Privacy Filters for $64.99 (no ranking).

They ship next day for free and if you're not satisfied, you can return it to a Staples store.

They are much more expensive than the products that are found on Amazon, though.