Thread: AutoRun & U3

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    I followed the instructions in Windows Newsletter, Nov 08, to disable AutoRun by copying and pasting

REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]
    @="@SYSoesNotExist"

This worked fine and I used windows explorer for my cd's and flash drives. Problem arose when I inserted my Memorex U3 stick and found that the LaunchU3.exe no longer fires up the program/device.
    I tried inserting this into another pc, which did not have the regedit changed, and I could access the programs and files okay.

Is there a simple way to "undo" the procedures I followed in the newsletter?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Select Start | Run...
    Type regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf.
    Press the Delete key or select Edit | Delete.
    Confirm.
    Quit Regedit.

WARNING: be very careful - the Conficker worm uses autorun to infect your PC, so don't insert a USB stick if you're not sure it's "clean".

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans
    But did not resolve the problem. Must be some other problem that my pc is not executing the launch file. Tried the usual disabling firewall with no joy. Unable to re-install Mojopac U3 as afraid I shall lose all my data and settings stored.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops
    Forgot to re-start pc after changing the registry. My U3 device works fine now following your advice to delete AutoRun.info
    Shall be careful when inserting hardware to pc.
    Cheers