Thanks
    Easy way to delete unused or inactive user profiles.

From MS TechNet USERPROFILE

Download link is near the bottom of the page.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='771184' date='18-Apr-2009 14:06']Easy way to delete unused or inactive user profiles.[/quote]
    That looks like a "keeper" Bob. Thanks for posting it. I don't have any un-needed profiles to check it out on, but I'll install it, add it to my "Utilities" desktop window and hope like heck I remember I've got it at some point in the future. (**)

Loungers, please note on that web page that it DOESN'T mention Vista, so we have to assume that it's not valid with that OS.

(**) A footnote of laugh against me is that I can't begin to tell you how many "utilities" I've downloaded and installed and later forgotten that I have them. The whole suite of SysInternals software is a good example "against" me!

Edited to add: Don't make the same mistake I did, since I'm poking fun at myself this afternoon. The download link is at the BOTTOM of the page, and NOT this one:

[attachment=83380:2009_04_18_144827.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='771188' date='18-Apr-2009 13:41']Loungers, please note on that web page that it DOESN'T mention Vista, so we have to assume that it's not valid with that OS.[/quote]

This is a resource kit tool. I'll have to check at work next week and see if it is the Windows 2008 Resource kit.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    DELPROF has been in resource kit (tools) since supplement 3 of the NT Resource Kit. The last one I have is in the XP and Server 2003 resource kits, not having Vista or Server 2008.

You have to be very careful when using it, ensuring you always add the parameter /P - "prompt for confirmation before deleting each profile". Otherwise considerable unhappiness could occur...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...