New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to know how to intentionally change the column width in a table by line not by entire group!
    How is it done. I've done it accidentally but don't know the proper procedure!
    Dr. Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='talkinglens' post='771185' date='18-Apr-2009 19:18']I would like to know how to intentionally change the column width in a table by line not by entire group!
    How is it done. I've done it accidentally but don't know the proper procedure!
    Dr. Joe[/quote]
    Hi Dr Joe, and welcome to the Lounge.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your question, but if you mean how can you adjust column widths in just one row of the table, not the whole table, then you can select just that table row, by dragging over it with the mouse, or by clicking in the left margin. Then you can adjust column widths for just that row by dragging with the mouse.

If that's not what you meant, do explain more and we'll see if we can help.

Ian

Thanks
    [quote name='talkinglens' post='771185' date='18-Apr-2009 11:18']I would like to know how to intentionally change the column width in a table by line not by entire group![/quote]
    Generally speaking, all cells in a column should be the same width. They can become different if you select the row* and then drag the column boundaries on the ruler: when a row is selected, Word changes just the widths of the cells in that row, rather than all rows. Warning: after doing this, it may be impossible to get the cells to match up with the rest of the table again.

* To select a row, you can either:
    • Float your mouse to the left of table until you get a right-pointing mouse pointer, then click once; or
    • Click somewhere in the row and use Table > Select > Row (Word 2003) .

Edit: Oops, I think I said the same thing Ian said.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you select a cell and then adjust, say its right border, only the right border of that cell will move.

Pam
    Pam Caswell