Thread: Vista Boot Pro

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a question for other users of VistaBootPRO. I use the program to triple boot XP MCE, Vista Ultimate and the Windows 7 Beta. It happened to come up in another thread with Doc Watson a couple of days ago where I discovered that I can't get to SAFE MODE in XP but I can in Vista or Win7. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, or if you haven't tried safe mode, would you mind hitting F8 to see if YOU can get there while Boot Pro is managing your startup, even if you're "just" dual booting rather than triple booting as I am.

This is not a hot crisis since I don't really need XP safe mode right now, but if I do at some point in the future, will I have to shutdown Boot Pro in order to get there? Sorry to do this, but the only way to show you what I'm talking about was with my camera. Thanks.

[attachment=83381:Boot_Pro_Vista.jpg]

[attachment=83382:Boot_Pro_XP.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Al,
    As you know, we have identical OS system setups, triple booting XP, Vista and Win7 beta.

I just now tried and F8 will get me into Safe Mode in any of the three OSs. Didn't appear to be any struggle doing it at all.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Al,

Same here.... tri-boot (XP Home, Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 Ultimate build 7077, using VistaBoot Pro 3.3.

No problem getting into Safe Mode in any of the 3 systems.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Jeez, I wonder if it's the Media Center Edition causing this? I'm not sure how to "temporarily" turn off VBP to see if MCE is the problem. I'll have to think about this one for a bit.

Thanks for the responses, Bob and Jeff!

Edited to add: I forgot to say that I've made an entry on the VBP forum. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, that didn't take long! I got a response to my post (from one of the Admins) saying I should press F8 rapidly and repeatedly AFTER pressing the enter key to run XP from the Boot Pro screen. That worked and I was presented with the choices screen I'm used to seeing.

I don't know why the F8 choice doesn't show up on the VBP screen, but I'll not worry about it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm, now that is strange, eh? I would think that pressing F8 would bring you to the boot menu; Safe Mode, etc. At least it works and that's what you were wanting.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator