Thread: Firefox problem

Thanks
    I have switched over to the Firefox browser and seem to be running into some problems trying to ope some web sites that I could with IE.

Is there something I need to to to Firefox to be able to do this?

please reply.
    Catz

Thanks
    [quote name='pauliez' post='771204' date='18-Apr-2009 17:40']I have switched over to the Firefox browser and seem to be running into some problems trying to ope some web sites that I could with IE.

Is there something I need to to to Firefox to be able to do this?[/quote]
    There are several possible reasons for this. It could be restrictive settings in the browser, missing plugins, or pages not designed to work in browsers other than IE. Do you want to post a URL or two so that others can take a look?

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='771214' date='19-Apr-2009 09:01']There are several possible reasons for this. It could be restrictive settings in the browser, missing plugins, or pages not designed to work in browsers other than IE. Do you want to post a URL or two so that others can take a look?[/quote]
    Thanks Jecher2000 for your reply.

This is one of the URL's that I have trouble with when trying to open it with Firefox.

Http//:www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings

This one seems to go into a loading of the page and them causes my PC to not respond..

Have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close the page.

If there are restrictive settings, or plug-ins, or pages designed to not run in the browser, is there a fix for them or a way around these items?
    Catz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliez' post='771217 View Post
    If there are restrictive settings, or plug-ins, or pages designed to not run in the browser, is there a fix for them or a way around these items?
    Well, each of those is a huge area. Restrictive settings may relate to your scripting and cookie settings, cache size, and content-blocking extensions (e.g., NoScript, Flash blockers, AdBlock Plus). Some sites will not work without permissive settings. Missing plugins may generate annoying prompts to install a plugin, or may load content inappropriately. Problems with sites themselves run a huge range; there are dozens of potential ways to make a site work poorly in Firefox, not all of which have a workaround. There is no universal solution.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The page at http://www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings works fine for me in Firefox 3.0.8, but I did have to tell NoScript to allow the scripts to run.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

works fine here using Opera 10 alpha especially when I make up a valid zipcode...
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='771257' date='20-Apr-2009 00:47']works fine here using Opera 10 alpha especially when I make up a valid zipcode...[/quote]

Did not work with Firefox, no matter even if I downloaded the plugins.

Went to another browser and used it to open the pages that Firefox would not open.

Thanks all for your help.
    Catz