Thanks
    I have a computer that I dual-boot (Vista, Windows 7). I will be moving Windows 7 to its own computer and want to remove all vestiges of Windows 7 from the dual-boot machine. Do I simply wipe the Windows 7 partition and delete the reference to Windows 7 on the boot tab in mscofig, or is more required?
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='PaulB' post='771256' date='19-Apr-2009 12:46']I have a computer that I dual-boot (Vista, Windows 7). I will be moving Windows 7 to its own computer and want to remove all vestiges of Windows 7 from the dual-boot machine. Do I simply wipe the Windows 7 partition and delete the reference to Windows 7 on the boot tab in mscofig, or is more required?[/quote]

Check out this REMOVE WIN7
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='771264' date='19-Apr-2009 14:21']Check out this REMOVE WIN7[/quote]

Thanks, Bob. That site provided the answer even though their advice is not quite correct. Their suggestion to "delete volume" is OK, but playing with the advanced settings in control panel (steps 1 - 4) only sets the default OS; it does not remove Win 7 from the list of available Operating Systems. One of the comments further down points out that Windows 7 should be deleted from the msconfig boot tab as I suspected.
    Regards,
    PaulB