Thread: [tab] [/tab]

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Has my refrigerator blindness taken over? Or is it no longer possible to insert tabs in a post?
    Regards
    Don

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='wdwells' post='771418' date='20-Apr-2009 14:06']Has my refrigerator blindness taken over? Or is it no longer possible to insert tabs in a post?[/quote]

Accoring to Hans

"The [tab]...[/tab] tags have been removed because they caused havoc when quoting or editing a post that contains indented text between [code] and [/code] (or codebox) tags - the software attempted to convert multiple spaces to [tab][/tab] tags."

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The [tab]...[/tab] tags caused lots of problems when a reply was quoted or edited, so we removed them.

If you want to post code with indentation, you can use [code]...[/code] tags for short to medium-length code, or [codebox]...[/codebox] for longer code (codebox results in a fixed-height box with a scrollbar)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='771420' date='20-Apr-2009 15:14']The [tab]...[/tab] tags caused lots of problems when a reply was quoted or edited, so we removed them.

If you want to post code with indentation, you can use [code]...[/code] tags for short to medium-length code, or [codebox]...[/codebox] for longer code (codebox results in a fixed-height box with a scrollbar)[/quote]
    Thanks (I think), Hans.
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='wdwells' post='771425' date='20-Apr-2009 15:35']Thanks (I think), Hans.[/quote]
    Since Hans took away our "toy" the best I've been able to do is use the Indent function in a post to make a block of text stand out. I too used to use the tab code a lot just to separate text and provide a bit of extra spacing. I still miss it and I wish there was some way to get the function back, but I understand the problem with posting code.