Lounger
    Thanks

Graphic TOC? (Word 2000)

Is there anyway to have a TOC auto display as an image such as a flow chart?

For example, the first box would contain the first section title (and info from lower level styles as designated). The next box would contain the second section title, etc.

Thank you!
    Mary

KTYorke

Re: Graphic TOC? (Word 2000)

I'm not entirely sure what you need. Why would you want your TOC in a flow chart? What's the effect you're going for. If you explain that a little more in depth maybe there will be some more ideas.
    have fun

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for replying to the post. You ask very good questions.
    The reason I am looking into the flow chart representation of the TOC is to fulfill a request of a manager. I am creating documents that would be part of a process that he is depicting with pyramids and flow charts. He felt that such a representation of the TOC would give the docs the look of the rest of his process and would be easy to use (for the end users). His entire process is very graphically oriented and this would just help the docs I am creating fit in and continue the theme.

Betsy

Do you have Visio? Visio apparently can accept input from a database to generate flowcharts automatically. I haven't used it myself, so I don't know how easy it is. But you might be able to generate a simple database (table) from your TOC and use that as input to Visio to generate the chart you want.

Thanks

I am able to define borders for TOC 1, TOC 2, etc., but consecutive entries at the same level box together (see attached). To get boxes for each individual heading, you probably will have to update and unlink the TOC, and then insert normal paragraphs between.
    Attached Files Attached Files