2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Calendar Printing Assistant crashes now every time I try to select a template. I've tried different templates. I though about uninstalling and reinstalling but when I try to remove the program from within Control Panel I get an error message "The Patch package could not be opened"

Has anyone heard of this? I've posted on a Microsoft board, but no response yet. I bet I get an answer here first.
    I'm running XP SP2 with 2.5 gig of memory.

This came about after I had a still unknown problem with my User Id and I created a new user ID for myself. I can't uninstall from either user ID. I have no viruses or malware on my PC.

I miss my daily tri-fold printout.

Mark

Thanks
    [quote name='MarkGuy12' post='771490' date='20-Apr-2009 20:08']I though about uninstalling and reinstalling but when I try to remove the program from within Control Panel I get an error message "The Patch package could not be opened"[/quote]
    Well, it doesn't look as though they've updated it any time recently: Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007. Are you able to reinstall it over the existing installation without uninstalling it first?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='771496' date='21-Apr-2009 00:08']Well, it doesn't look as though they've updated it any time recently: Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007. Are you able to reinstall it over the existing installation without uninstalling it first?[/quote]

There's Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1). All users of Office 2007 should have Office 2007 SP-1 installed by now (released December 2007).

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='771541' date='21-Apr-2009 06:26']There's Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1). All users of Office 2007 should have Office 2007 SP-1 installed by now (released December 2007).[/quote]
    Good catch, thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, but reinstalling did not help. Any other ideas?

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='MarkGuy12' post='773762' date='04-May-2009 22:15']Thanks, but reinstalling did not help. Any other ideas?[/quote]

You could try the recently released Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, That didn't work. I think the program got corrupted somehow and all traces need to be removed. CCleaner didn't work. It received the same informaitonal message that Add/Remove Programs did.

CPA is unsupported by Microsoft, but a really useful program. I also posted on the Microsoft bulletin board. Do you have any other things I could try?

Mark
    [quote name='joeperez' post='773787' date='05-May-2009 14:24']You could try the recently released Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Joe[/quote]

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='MarkGuy12' post='773861' date='05-May-2009 19:56']Joe, That didn't work. I think the program got corrupted somehow and all traces need to be removed. CCleaner didn't work. It received the same informaitonal message that Add/Remove Programs did.

CPA is unsupported by Microsoft, but a really useful program. I also posted on the Microsoft bulletin board. Do you have any other things I could try?

Mark[/quote]

Are you able to uninstall it now?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I can!!!! But I still can't select a template after reinstallation. I tried ccleaner and there were some leftover MLI references related to CPA. I cleaned those and will try a fresh install tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful. Any further thoughts?

Mark

[quote name='joeperez' post='773863' date='06-May-2009 02:04']Are you able to uninstall it now?

Joe[/quote]

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='MarkGuy12' post='774040' date='06-May-2009 23:20']Yes, I can!!!! But I still can't select a template after reinstallation. I tried ccleaner and there were some leftover MLI references related to CPA. I cleaned those and will try a fresh install tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful. Any further thoughts?[/quote]

See How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature for more information on cleanup.

After taking any steps in the above article as a last resort see Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

NOTE: be very careful with the cleanup utility.

Joe
    Joe