brjohnson

Uninstall OE (Win2k)

Does anyone have any information on uninstalling Outlook Express from Windows 2000 Pro? I've just switched 3 computers from various earlier versions of Windows to Win2k. In the past, one could use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall OE, but it doesn't show up on the list after a Win2k install. I have no use for it, don't want it cluttering up my machine, and resent having it be installed without having a choice in the matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Uninstall OE (Win2k)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q263/8/37.asp>Q263837</A> OLEXP: How to Manually Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook Express in Windows 2000

Note that is says "Uninstall and Reinstall" - I have a suspicion that other progs may be dependent on OE - isn't it installed by default with IE?

Personally, I just delete all references to it and then ignore it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Uninstall OE (Win2k)

Yes - outlook needs it. If outlook is not installed, then *i think* it's safe to get rid of it. But - it's easier just to hide the visible evidence. Some admins delete msimn.exe to prevent smarter users from using it.