3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a field in a table defined as Data Type: Number, Field Size: Single, Format: Percent, Decimal: 2. In my form I have the field as Format: Percent, Decimal: 2.
    I'm resigned to the fact that the user has to enter a number as either 2% or .02 but once the number is there, the format, without any reason or consistency, seems to either remain a percent or switch to decimal when I click in the field. Most of the time it switches to decimal but not always. If I highlight the contents of the field and scroll through the records in the form (so the percent field stays in focus for each record) it more consistently allows me to edit in percent format but even that isn't true all of the time.
    From other posts I understand that the number is stored as a decimal and the percentage presentation is only a format applied for display. But shouldn't the editing of the field be consistent?
    I'm confused!
    Thanks for any suggestions you can make or any other posts you can point me to that will help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think there is anything you can do about this inconsistency. You'll have to live with it or avoid the use of percent formatting.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rats! Sorry to hear this. Thanks for the reply.