Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i recently updated my firefox and also updated Eset to 4.0 however there are a couple of websites that take a a while to load in like 5 minutes. when I disabled Eset it came on instantly. I'd like to know if I can go back to Eset 3.0 using the original CD installation disc and would it give me another user ID and password if I did?

Thanks
    [quote name='schonman' post='771632' date='21-Apr-2009 14:47']i recently updated my firefox and also updated Eset to 4.0 however there are a couple of websites that take a a while to load in like 5 minutes. when I disabled Eset it came on instantly. I'd like to know if I can go back to Eset 3.0 using the original CD installation disc and would it give me another user ID and password if I did?[/quote]
    Does the Eset software include a browser add-on? If so, you might be able to disable just the add-on and retain the updated version for all other purposes. Check Tools > Add-ons (both extensions and plugins).

If that doesn't help, you might check with Eset on why you are having this problem. Perhaps it is a minor bug they are planning to fix in the near future?

(I do not know whether you can switch versions of Eset with your current license.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='schonman' post='771632' date='21-Apr-2009 22:47']i recently updated my firefox and also updated Eset to 4.0 however there are a couple of websites that take a a while to load in like 5 minutes. when I disabled Eset it came on instantly. I'd like to know if I can go back to Eset 3.0 using the original CD installation disc and would it give me another user ID and password if I did?[/quote]
    Theoretically if you can download version 3 from esets site with your current username and password then it should be OK. Make sure you uninstall version 4 before you start to install version 3 and use a registry cleaner to remove all traces of eset from the registry before you start the install. Eset support have a registry cleaning script they will send to you if you ask them. If you have ever used Comodo firewall on your computer and then uninstalled it make sure there is no reference to it in your registry as this causes complications on some systems.