New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

At the bottom of this topic under the line, you can see a small part of subtitles of a movie. As you can see there are paragraphs of 3, 4 and 5 short verses. For example 1st paragraph is with 3 verses, 2nd is with 4 verses and the 3rd is with 5 verses.

The 3rd paragraph is with 5 verses and it is wrong (for me). I want only paragraphs with 3 and 4 verses.

What I am looking for is, if it is possible that Microsoft Word can mark automatically paragraphs with 5 verses for example with a color (as it is shown below with red) instead of checking manually all the document, because subtitles of a movie are very long and it takes long time and it makes you tired to check it manually.

Maybe it's impossible but I am just asking.

I always remember of Google highlighter, it is very usefull when you are searching for a word because you can see the word colored easily. Maybe there is something similar in Word.

Thanks in advance

__________________________________________________ ___

00:29:55,960 --> 00:29:58,087
    I know. I have no idea.

00:29:58,163 --> 00:30:00,996
    It's, like, the wrong time to let
    the guy know that you're crazy.

00:30:01,065 --> 00:30:03,533
    - You know what I mean?
    It's not how I'd play it.
    - Yeah.

Thanks
    [quote name='foxy291' post='771650' date='21-Apr-2009 17:14']What I am looking for is, if it is possible that Microsoft Word can mark automatically paragraphs with 5 verses for example with a color (as it is shown below with red) instead of checking manually all the document, because subtitles of a movie are very long and it takes long time and it makes you tired to check it manually.[/quote]
    Do you see the mark at the end of each line in a group, or only at the end of the last line?

Note: If you do not see any characters, you can display them using Tools>Options>View (this has moved in Word 2007, Office button>Word Options, then I'm not sure).

Also, is there a blank paragraph between the items, in other words, the spacing is not the result of paragraph formatting (space before or double-spacing, for example)?

You could post a small sample document in .doc or .docx format if the answers to the above are not obvious.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I uploaded a small sample document and no I don't see any mark. For example I want the 3rd paragraph of the sample to be highlited because it is with 5 verses.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    [quote name='foxy291' post='771661' date='21-Apr-2009 18:40']I uploaded a small sample document and no I don't see any mark.[/quote]
    By the way, this is how you turn on the display of non-printing, formatting-related symbols in Word 2003. I think the same settings exist in Word 2007, but in a different place.

[attachment=83419:WD03_Vie...ragraphs.png]

The significance of this is that each line is a separate paragraph. So you would need a technique for finding 5 non-blank paragraphs in a row. One possible solution is to use Word's Find and Replace feature, with a wildcard search pattern. This enables you to create complex expressions such as the following:

Code:
    <[0-9]@>^13[!^13]@^13[!^13]@^13[!^13]@^13[!^13]@^13
    This means, more or less, find a number alone, followed by a paragraph break, and then four more non-blank lines. You would replace this with the same text, but apply formatting to the replacement. This image shows the dialog fully filled in. You could record a macro of yourself doing this replace if you like.

[attachment=83421:WD03_Rep...agraphs1.png]

I am not really an expert on wildcard searches, so you might get some even better patterns. Does this one help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi jscher2000,

That's great, It 's exactly what I wanted! I have searched in a full document and it found 16 paragraphs with 5 verses and I only took 5 minutes to correct it, instead of an hour or over.

It is good if i can save the settings instead of copying the codes you just gave me each time, instead. I think it can be made by recording macro but I never did it before.
    Attached Images Attached Images