Thread: Parent template

Star Lounger
    Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
    (Using Word 2007)

I'm creating a set of related documents based on the same template. I want all the documents to have exactly the same styles and specifications.

I know how to add a new style or changed specification to the template and that the new style or the changes will appear in a "New document based on the template."

However is there a (best) method of passing styles and changes to documents which has already been created using this template?

Supplementary question. Is there a way of updating the template for all styles at the same time. e.g. a button or macro which says "Update the template so that it has exactly the same style information as this document".

Effectively what I want to have a is a single template which controls every aspect of the formatting of a set of documents and have that template ripple changes made in one document through to the other documents as easily as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim Brook

Plutonium Lounger
    In the document, activate the Developer tab of the ribbon.
    Click Document Template.
    "Automatically Update Document Styles" should be in there.

You can use the Organizer to copy styles between documents / templates. Activate the Home tab of the ribbon, click Styles, Manage Styles, Import/export...