New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Canon printer which I use almost daily to print on CD/DVD labels and I use the Canon software EasyPrint Toolbox to do it. Whenever I use it it's automatically added to my Startup items and it's driving me bonkers !
    I remove it using MSCONFIG but after using EasyPrint Toolbox again, back it goes. How can I remove it from Startup permanently ?
    TIA

Thanks
    [quote name='Didgeridoo' post='771894' date='23-Apr-2009 05:45']I have a Canon printer which I use almost daily to print on CD/DVD labels and I use the Canon software EasyPrint Toolbox to do it. Whenever I use it it's automatically added to my Startup items and it's driving me bonkers !
    I remove it using MSCONFIG but after using EasyPrint Toolbox again, back it goes. How can I remove it from Startup permanently ?[/quote]
    This is becoming an increasing annoyance, with several other programs thinking they know better than you what you want on your PC.
    Two possibilities occur to me:
    1. see Joe Perez's post 762470 - I've not tried the "prevent reinstallation' feature, but Nir is an excellent programmer and it will probably work
    2. install Mike Lin's (now very old but still effective) StartupMonitor - when something tries to install something into Startup, you are asked if you want to allow this.
    Other people may suggest other methods.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Didgeridoo' post='771894' date='22-Apr-2009 23:45']I have a Canon printer which I use almost daily to print on CD/DVD labels and I use the Canon software EasyPrint Toolbox to do it. Whenever I use it it's automatically added to my Startup items and it's driving me bonkers !
    I remove it using MSCONFIG but after using EasyPrint Toolbox again, back it goes. How can I remove it from Startup permanently ?[/quote]

Does the software have a settings or preferences panel somewhere? Usually there will be an option to "start when Windows boots" that you can uncheck.

Joe
    Joe