3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I do this within a large document (with multiple sets of numbered steps), Word 2007 will first reset ALL numbers as a group, i.e., I will have say numbers 1-350 instead of 1-5, 1-20, etc. etc. Basically, I want to configure Word so that it doesn't reset ALL numbers to 1 as a single continuous list, but only the specific list I am working with. As it stands, I always need to press CTL+Z to undo this global change.

Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='771997' date='23-Apr-2009 10:38']I want to configure Word so that it doesn't reset ALL numbers to 1 as a single continuous list, but only the specific list I am working with.[/quote]
    Are you selecting the list before running your code? Can you post a sample test case containing the essential code that illustrates this problem?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='771997' date='24-Apr-2009 03:38']When I do this within a large document (with multiple sets of numbered steps), Word 2007 will first reset ALL numbers as a group[/quote]
    This is not the behaviour I see in Word. What steps are you taking to reset a list? What is selected when you perform these actions?

I do have macros to search through a document to find the list styles I use and make sure each one is reset to start at one. This is necessary when you copy and paste a large chunk of text containing multiple lists into another document because the lists continue on in that situation.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It sounds like I might need a macro like that. If you pasted this macro into this forum, would I be able to copy it into my copy of Word 2007?