3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook Xp; Exchange Server; Desktop operating software: xp sp3

I have created a new signature for each attorney in the main office. It works fine while the attorney is at the main office using her computer. But I have a dozen or so attorneys that also access a computer from a smaller satellite office. Almost all attorneys also access e-mail from their homes using terminal server.

So my question is, where does Outlook store the signature file? It would appear that it is on the local pc and not the exchange server. Once the file location is identified, is it possible to copy the newly created signature file from one PC to another [i.e. my main office to satellite office need] and is it possible to copy the signature file to the terminal service profile so that it can be used during remote e-mail access? Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    [quote name='JimClawson' post='772003' date='23-Apr-2009 13:15']Outlook Xp; Exchange Server; Desktop operating software: xp sp3

I have created a new signature for each attorney in the main office. It works fine while the attorney is at the main office using her computer. But I have a dozen or so attorneys that also access a computer from a smaller satellite office. Almost all attorneys also access e-mail from their homes using terminal server.

So my question is, where does Outlook store the signature file? It would appear that it is on the local pc and not the exchange server. Once the file location is identified, is it possible to copy the newly created signature file from one PC to another [i.e. my main office to satellite office need] and is it possible to copy the signature file to the terminal service profile so that it can be used during remote e-mail access? Thanks.[/quote]

Check out Outlook and Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot.

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JimClawson' post='772003' date='23-Apr-2009 12:15']Outlook Xp; OS: xp sp3
    where does Outlook store the signature file?
    is it possible to copy the newly created signature file from one PC to another?
    is it possible to copy the signature file to the terminal service profile so that it can be used during remote e-mail access?[/quote]In order:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures
    Yes, manually or perhaps, if the PC's are connected periodically, with MS SyncToy
    If "terminal service profile" means Outlook Web Access, no. OWA doesn't use a profile in the conventional sense.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='772029' date='23-Apr-2009 16:29']In order:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures
    Yes, manually or perhaps, if the PC's are connected periodically, with MS SyncToy
    If "terminal service profile" means Outlook Web Access, no. OWA doesn't use a profile in the conventional sense.[/quote]

John,
    THanks...Terminal service access is via Outlook too as I set up a profile for each user that includes Outlook log-in credentials, etc. Again thanks..