Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have an unusuall problem that has only cropped up this morning.
    We are running Terminal Services with Office 2000 SP3 running on the system.
    One user has reported that they can not view or set any tools/options within Excel.
    They can not get even a simple thing like the vertical or horizontal scroll bars to display.
    I wrote a small macro to turn them on, but this failed to make any difference also.
    Other users are able to view the same spreadsheet on their logon with full access to the options.
    Any ideas on how I can restore this functionality?
    Thanks
    Brian.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BRoby' post='772102' date='24-Apr-2009 13:55']I have an unusuall problem that has only cropped up this morning.
    We are running Terminal Services with Office 2000 SP3 running on the system.
    One user has reported that they can not view or set any tools/options within Excel.
    They can not get even a simple thing like the vertical or horizontal scroll bars to display.
    I wrote a small macro to turn them on, but this failed to make any difference also.
    Other users are able to view the same spreadsheet on their logon with full access to the options.
    Any ideas on how I can restore this functionality?
    Thanks
    Brian. [/quote]
    It may be that the user has accidentally turned off the menu's - get them to use Alt-V whilst in Excel to bring up the view menu, then Toolbars and get them to select Standard and Formatting menu's.

Regards,
    Maria
    Maria
    Simmo7
    Victoria, Australia

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Sounds like the Excel key in the registry has been corrupted. You can safely remove the key, Excel will recreate it with its default settings. See the part about the registry on this page:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association