Thread: save as type:

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

When I am saving an Excel file from the internet, it is saving as a compressed/zip file. How can I change the settings so it will be saved as type: Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet?

Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='foxy291' post='772188' date='24-Apr-2009 13:15']Hi,

When I am saving an Excel file from the internet, it is saving as a compressed/zip file. How can I change the settings so it will be saved as type: Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet?

Thanks[/quote]
    You will need to erxtract it from the Zip file. Double-click on the saved zip file.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In addition to MDMacKillop's reply: what happens if you open the zip file? If it contains a lot of files, chances are that you've actually downloaded an Excel 2007 workbook with extension .xlsx, but your system didn't recognize it as such. In that case, try changing the extension from .zip to .xlsx and see if you can open the file. If not, and if you're using Excel 2003 or before, you need to download and install the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

Yes I already tried to open the zip file but it contains a lot of files. I tried to download same file on a different computer and it saved as .xlsx file, so there's something wrong with the first computer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried changing the extension from .zip to .xlsx?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I tried changing from .zip to .xlsx and it's ok. But I still wish that it can save to .xlsx instead of a compress file.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Is the XLSX extension associated with Excel in the File Types tab of Tools | Folder Options in Windows Explorer?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have a yahoo mail, when you make an unload of several files simultaneously, yahoo turn all of them to Zip format.
    but if you make an unload one by one, yahoo will respect the original format.

This is your situation?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='772567' date='27-Apr-2009 20:19']Is the XLSX extension associated with Excel in the File Types tab of Tools | Folder Options in Windows Explorer?[/quote]
    I just entered XLSX extension in File Types tab of Tools | Folder Options in Windows Explorer and it is OK now.

Thanks very much