New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Word 2007 with SP1 on an MS XP Pro SP3 OS.

I have a 3-page, 1-section letter with today's date at the top of the first page. The document has a different first page header. The date has the Date style applied to it. In the header for pages 2+, a StyleRef field is inserted and references the Date style on page 1. The output for the StyleRef is surrounded with greater-than and less-than symbols (e.g., <February 24, 2009>). I've searched this forum and found no reference to this issue. Reports of this problem on other websites do not list a solution and some responses actually don't believe the issue exists.

I've found an MS Hotfix for StyleRef but the description only indicates the StyleRef field "doesn't display correctly." While that is indeed true in my situation, I thought I'd check the Lounge before applying that hotfix.

Many thanks for any assistance or direction.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I've not come across this. Can you post a cut down version of the document that displays this behaviour (I don't have Office 2007, but I'm sure that loungers that have will let you know whether it works for them).

Thanks
    [quote name='bobbyb626' post='772204' date='24-Apr-2009 13:06']The output for the StyleRef is surrounded with greater-than and less-than symbols (e.g., <February 24, 2009>).[/quote]
    I just made up a little test document (not on this computer, so can't attach it at the moment) and cannot replicate that.

If you press Alt+F9 to toggle the display of field codes, does the field code content look like this?

Code:
    STYLEREF Date \* MERGEFORMAT
    Also, just to be sure, there are no < angle brackets> or other field codes outside of the STYLEREF field?

Edit: Here's the sample document: [attachment=83459:StylerefToDate.docx]. I'm running SP1; not sure whether that is the latest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I haven't heard of this problem before. Do you get the same result if the styleref field is not positioned in the header? Do you get the same result on other computers?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia