5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to copy the content of an audio cd to my laptop so that I can then copy them over to my mp3 player. When I try copying and pasting through Internet Explorer, all I get on my laptop are 1 kb shortcuts.

I think there are some programs that automatically "rip" the contents of a cd to the harddrive in My Library but i don't remember which program it is (Realplayer?) or whether I have them on my current system.

Does anyone know know of an easy way to get these songs onto my computer?

Regards,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows Media Player or most any CD/DVD "burning" program.

[attachment=83470:2009_04_25_091517.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='772264' date='25-Apr-2009 06:54']I am trying to copy the content of an audio cd to my laptop so that I can then copy them over to my mp3 player.
    I think there are some programs that automatically "rip" the contents of a cd to the harddrive in My Library but i don't remember which program it is (Realplayer?) or whether I have them on my current system.[/quote]
    You must use a rip program. If your MP3 player is an iPod, use iTunes. If not use anything else that comes with a ripper, including MS WMP, WinAmp, and others. A technically superior but complex to set up ripper is Exact Audio Copy with the LAME MP3 encoder. You will find several threads on MP3 ripping and playing in the Other Software Applications Forum.

I would not expect other Loungers to remember what software is installed on your system.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS